Thursday, November 10, 2011

Post Halloween post!!!!!!!

Halloween, the most wonderful time of the year~ This year, 2011, was probably one of the best Halloweens I've had since high school (when I was trick-or-treating...).  So, like many many other people, I did a Día de Muertos or Day of the Dead costume.  My inspiration came from various sources, but the most important one is the tutorial by Corinne from Threadbanger.  (Shown below)



I started my makeup plan by drawing out the details I wanted to have on my face.

Then I gathered my supplies:
- White face paint
- Regular foundation
- Black gel eyeliner
- Black liquid eyeliner
- Black pencil eyeliner
- Pink Glitter
- Pink eyeshadow 
- Transparent lip gloss
- Fake rhinestones
- Fake eyelashes
- Eyelash glue

This entire process took me about one hour and 20min, which was surprisingly fast considering how hard it was to make all the rhinestones stick to my face.  All I had to do was apply the foundation and then white face paint.  Draw the black circles, add eye shadows and glitter, and draw on all the details.  

Here's the final result with purple contacts:


you can see, I left out some of the details I had but I think it turned out pretty well!  

This picture was taken at the Durham Zombie walk, which was kind of short this year!  (Special thanks to Alice, Kathryn, and Stuart for letting me post this!)

Again, in downtown Durham freezing our asses off.
We went to the Zombie Lurch and then to swing dancing hosted by the Triangle Swing Dance Society.  Halloween was a blast!! 

- Mimi




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Check back because I will reply to your comments. Thank you!