Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday Shopping (or rather...the day after that)

  Black Friday was hectic, I went to the mall around 11am with my mother but the mall was way too crowded for me to buy anything.  So, I went to the mall again today with Stuey.  As expected, Forever 21 opened its door at Southpoint on Black Friday to make money off of poor girls like myself selling stolen brand designs.  Well, I have to say, it's freaking AWESOME!  I love clothing, and the more I can afford the merrier.  But, before I talk about things I hauled from F21, I have to talk about buying shoes for Stuey.
   Stuey doesn't like to buy things, well, not for himself.  He acquires on average one pair of shoes a year and wear until they are unbearable to look at anymore.  I absolutely love shoes and always feel bad for him because he wears the same shoes to death.  Today, when we stepped inside ALDO, I spotted some shoes for men that I really liked and bought it for him.  The first one is the VUTURO in khaki.  I like this pair because it is made out of real leather, stylish but also comfortable.  The same pair of shoes come in navy blue, which I didn't like quite as much because it will blend in with the blue jeans Stuey often wears.  Khaki green on the other hand is great in combination with many autumn colors.
The second pair I bought is the Ordando shoes in Dark Brown.  They were on sale with a 30% off of the original $100 price tag.  I REALLY like this pair of shoes because it is one of the softest men shoes I have ever touched!  XD  According to Stuey, they are extremely comfortable.  However, these shoes are not true to it's size, they run a lot bigger than the other ones.  (Stuart wears a 9.5, but he bought a size 8 because of the discrepancy.)  These shoes are more formal, but comfortable enough for casual wearing.  
Now on to F21.  The Triangle area always had a F21 in Crabtree Valley Mall, however, I have never liked it.  It is big, crowded and hard to find anything in.  The organization of the store made it a complete headache to browse and try on clothes.  The new store in Southpoint is smaller, two stories, and has no men's section.  It is still crowded, but much more organized, and with dressing rooms on both floors, the shopping experience is much less of a headache.  Here are some of my favorites that I took home with me...(well, Stuey bought them for me in return for the shoes >.>):
Heritage 1981 dress in Brick/Mint (This one was on display and I fell in love with it at the window)

Black dress with lace bodice and peterpan collar.

Floral dress with mesh sleeves.  The zippers are not great...probably going to break really soon.

Since my waist line is not nearly as nice as these models, the dresses look completely different on me.  They are also not nearly as short on me.  Although there were many dresses in F21, it was not easy finding ones that fit me well.  Here are some that I had no luck with:
Very cute dress on the model, but it was not flattering from the side and the soft fabric made it roll up easily.  

Another dress that I really liked was a white pleated one with lace bodice.  The dress had a fatal mistake where a super hard zipper was paired with soft chiffon fabric and resulted in very awkward behinds.  I couldn't find a picture of it on the internet Q_Q;  Oh well.  Of course there were other things, but since my memory is very limited, these were the only things I remembered.  

Hope all the shopping went well with my readers!!  XD
- Mimi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Check back because I will reply to your comments. Thank you!