Thursday, August 4, 2011

Green Smoothie~ Spinach and banana!

Recently, I have started a diet that significantly reduced the amount of simple carbohydrate and processed food I eat (the result of watching Fat, Sick, and nearly Dead via Netflix).  During the day, I try to have at least one smoothie meal which would contain some kind of dairy, fruits and/or veggies.  I saw this awesome awesome recipe today, so I tested it out:

The original recipe called for:

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
  • 1.5T creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2c milk of choice
  • 1/2c plain yogurt
  • 1 medium frozen banana
  • 3-4c loosely packed spinach
  • 1/2t cinnamon [opt]
  • 1/4t vanilla extract [opt]
In order to make it healthier, I took .5T of peanut butter and used non-fat greek yogurt instead.  I did not add any vanilla extract (meh! >.<) but did add a little bit of cinnamon.  

Here's the result!



SUPER DELICIOUS SMOOTHIE!!! Kitty approves~ :3  It didn't taste like spinach at all even though I added a ton of it in there.

Enjoy!
Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Check back because I will reply to your comments. Thank you!